BERT-based disinformation classifier (AA:2023:01)
The audit commission believes there is a low risk of (higher-dimensional) proxy discrimination by the BERT-based disinformation classifier and that the particular difference in treatment identified by the quantitative bias scan can be justified, if certain conditions apply.
A visual presentation of this case study can be found in this slide deck.
Dowload the full report and problem statement here.
- Anne Meuwese, Professor in Public Law & AI at Leiden University
- Hinda Haned, Professor in Responsible Data Science at University of Amsterdam
- Raphaële Xenidis, Associate Professor in EU law at Sciences Po Paris
- Aileen Nielsen, Fellow Law&Tech at ETH Zürich
- Carlos Hernández-Echevarría, Assistant Director and Head of Public Policy at the anti-disinformation nonprofit fact-checker Maldita.es
- Ellen Judson, Head of CASM and Sophia Knight, Researcher, CASM at Britain’s leading cross-party think tank Demos